Job market is immensely competitive today. Only through effective job prospecting you can land on to your aspired career and transform your visions of becoming professionally successfully a reality. If you are frustrated or perplexed, share over here are the 10 most effective tips proven to yield concrete outcome for job seekers.
1. Erect an online repository of your skills, aptitudes, academic accomplishments etc: Rather than merely getting yourself listed on a job site, you can choose to better elaborate your appetite for a job by illustrating the entire gamut of your capabilities through an online portfolio or easy to navigate website. It can serve to update the potential employers about your project works, accomplishments, objectives, visions, indomitable spirit and other key aspects.
2. Create an explosive resume and scout online to keep track of latest happenings and whether you sit in perfect: Never get over with your resume in haste. Deliberate over core points, get feedback, proofread, check online sample resumes and persist until a superb resume is produced. Keep yourself abreast of the latest business events in your targeted job niche. Go through business reviews, journals etc to get a feel of the competitive positions of employers and addresses to dispatch your resume. Frequently do online search for your name to get a sense of what surfaces when the potential employers look for someone with your qualifications. Plug in the loopholes immediately.
3. Interviews and follow-up: Never be late for interview. Make it a point to arrive before the schedule to assess the route and length of time required to commute to the place. Never shy away from following-up. Keep sending your updated resumes and drop in for a casual ‘hello’ to ensconce yourself in the memory of potential employer. Needless to say, you will be the first option whenever a position falls vacant.
4. Clearly define your options and approach the source directly: You should invoke the facility of filters on job boards to confine your search to relevant niche only. Segregate your options based on job duration, area, industry, experience required, payment, company repute etc. Just simply do not relax after applying for an opening. Once you have decided the company and area to focus on get in touch with hiring manager directly. Keep the potential employers candidate profile page always updated.
5. Exploit the power of video resumes: Video resumes will endear you to employers by bringing out the personality highlights that will provide you a distinctive edge over competitors. Supplement the traditional resume with a video one and elaborate on your core competencies.
6. Attend job fairs: Job fairs provide a decent idea regarding the opportunities available and your tentative standing in the job marketplace.
7. Put job alerts to use: The e-mail alert or RSS feed facility of job boards should be activated to stay updated about any job opening that matches your preferred criteria.
8. Stay connected: The advent of professional networking sites, prominently LinkedIn.com has offered job seekers a platform to expand their professional circle and get viewed by millions of industry professionals that might play an active role in shaping your future career.
9. Express your gratitude: Humble employees ready to oblige their superiors are favored over others. Once you have been to an interview, invariably send a professionally handwritten card, or e-mail bearing a ‘Thank-You’ to the hiring manager. This will make a terrific impression.
10. Never relent: Carry on indefatigably bearing in mind that seeking job is no child’s play. Competition is on the rise and employers are becoming choosier owing to the unprecedented expansion of job pool. Wok doggedly in the direction of your objective and you will be rewarded with a promising career.
Posted In: Career Advice, Career Ideas, Career News, Job Search
Tagged: advice for career, career idea, Career news, employment tips, job search tips, online jobs search tips, tips.