Date of post:
Consumer Lending Loan Officer II
-Accounting/Finance (Investment Management)
12799 Apopka Vineland Rd.
Orlando, Florida, United States
No work experience:
5+ to 7 Years
35.00 USD (per hour)
Willing to relocate:
Participate in a training program designed to instruct on established lending practices, consumer loan regulations, knowledge of bank products, and sales techniques. To solicit, market, and process consumer loans and other TCF services; to properly service customers within the policies, objectives, and guidelines established by the division.
Major Areas of Accountability
1. Completes assigned training on a timely basis; demonstrates good working knowledge of TCF Policies and Procedures. Receives training in completion of loan applications, processing and closing of consumer loan products.
2. Through on-the-job training and attendance in approved classes, gains understanding of any applications of Federal and State laws concerning the purpose, processing, approval and denial of loan requests.
3. Interviews and accepts all Consumer Loan Applications obtaining financial information and purpose of the loan. Analyzes the prospective loan request for previous credit and current financial obligations.
• Determines purpose of loan and method of repayment.
4. Qualifies, approves, denies, or counter-offers the loan within assigned credit lines and company policy and is prepared to justify that decision to both the customer and management. Documents credit analysis.
5. Refers those decisions beyond the loan officer’s credit limit to the appropriate level of management, recommending approval or rejection and justifying that decision.
6. Actively participates in the solicitation of lending business and cross selling of products to customers in person or by phone.
7. Demonstrates progress toward loan production goals set by management. Under manager direction, works collaboratively with Collections department to minimize loan losses, including but not limited to, telephone and field calls to collect.
8. Develops a strong working knowledge of all consumer regulations, including: Regulations B, G, and Z, Uniform Commercial Code, FHLBB, FSLIC and State Statutes.